Forum: Ruby on Rails search recipe

Vince W. (Guest)
on 2006-04-25 03:20
I was able to follow the search recipe in Chad F.'s upcoming book
but I'm wondering if there is any sort of recipe/guide out there to
actually perform the search once the auto-complete does its stuff.
Anyone?  It's kind of hard to search for search..
Arie Kusuma A. (Guest)
Vince W. wrote:
> I was able to follow the search recipe in Chad F.'s upcoming book
> but I'm wondering if there is any sort of recipe/guide out there to
> actually perform the search once the auto-complete does its stuff.
> Anyone?  It's kind of hard to search for search..

Hi Vince,
i found scriptaculous site very useful after being able to follow chad's
search recipe unless for the search algorithm, not satisfied with
find(:all, :conditions => ["some_id = ?", var]) .. read typo source code
it's good though there's no rails search for this
find_by_sql("autocomplete complex search view its results and statistics
like google")

--
sig "kind regards" :name => "Arie Kusuma A.", :callme => "Arie",
:yahoo_messenger => "riyari3", :email => "removed_email_address@domain.invalid",

haree genee pake (as|ph)p ?
siape lu mo bikin framework Ruby test/unit pake php :p