Forum: Ruby on Rails RE: web services and dealing with before_filter

Berger, Daniel (Guest)
You make them supply a user/password *per request*? Ouch.

What I would really like is a better way to handle before_filter's
in my controllers within my ActionWebService::Base classes somehow.

Maybe there's a way to accomplish what I want using the block form
of the web_service method, but I'm not seeing it.

Regards,

Dan

> service. I have a method like User.authenticate?(user) which
> you can use a token mechanism to check if he is a valid user
> >
> > end
> >

> > removed_email_address@domain.invalid

or
strictly
destroy
Chang Sau S. (Guest)
It sounds a bit extreme, yes, but it's not too intrusive actually. I
store the username/password before anything happens and then use it to
access the web service. The user doesn't have to repeatedly enter data.

Berger, Daniel wrote:
> Dan
>>

>>>          redirect_to :controller => "login", :action => "login"
>>
>>> 'http://localhost/webservice/api', 3000)
>>> looking for. That, or I'm just not "getting it".
>>>
>> removed_email_address@domain.invalid

Sau S.

http://blog.saush.com
http://www.projectible.com