Forum: Ruby on Rails quick q on script/generate scaffold

Vince W. (Guest)
on 2006-04-24 21:57
I want a scaffold to manager both products and users.  To get the
products scaffold I used

script/generate scaffold Product Admin

if I use,

script/generate scaffold User Admin

will it overwrite my product admin controller?  Would I be better off
doing

script/generate scaffold User User_Admin or something?
Jean-François (Guest)
Hello Vince,

> doing
>
> script/generate scaffold User User_Admin or something?

You can create a ProductController and a UserController
 in an admin module :

script/generate scaffold Product admin/product
script/generate scaffold User admin/user

    -- Jean-François.
Vince W. (Guest)
on 2006-04-24 22:56
Jean-François wrote:
> You can create a ProductController and a UserController
>  in an admin module :
>
> script/generate scaffold Product admin/product
> script/generate scaffold User admin/user
>
>     -- Jean-François.

Thanks for the quick reply.  Since I have already done a script/generate
scaffold Product Admin should I undo it (script/destroy) or should I
just execute the second command (script/generate scaffold User
admin/user).

By the way, is this case sensitive?
Shai S. (Guest)
> > You can create a ProductController and a UserController
> >  in an admin module :
> >
> > script/generate scaffold Product admin/product
> > script/generate scaffold User admin/user

I've done this same process but ran into an error when trying to
view the page...

localhost/admin/product and localhost/admin/user return errors
and an empty website.

I also have an admin controller setup to help navigate the site
and act as the main page...

The question is, I am not sure if I need the admin controller.

Im still fairly new to rails and not sure if the directory and
file hierarchy requires me to have one.