Forum: Typo Wordpress Mu

Bolo (Guest)
Hello all,

i would like to know if with typo we can do something similar to that
http://mu.wordpress.org/

thanks u
Matt R. (Guest)
I know it's on the roadmap for typo.  I don't know if it has a
specific time-frame or even version yet.  I wouldn't mind working on
this myself.  Some of the database model is already in place, but I
don't know how far along it is.  Piers is probably the best person to
ask
marcus estes (Guest)
Lyceum may provide a better database model to emulate:
http://lyceum.ibiblio.org/

marcus
Bolo (Guest)
why it's better , can u explaine me ?

2006/4/24, marcus estes <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>:
marcus estes (Guest)
>From the Lyceum FAQ:

"Q: What is the difference between Lyceum and WordPress MU?

The main difference between Lyceum and MU is the database schema. MU
creates a set of tables for each blog in a system. Lyceum uses a fixed
number of tables for the entire system.

In WordPress MU, every user must have a blog. In Lyceum, users and
blogs are completely unrelated entities. Each blog can have arbitrary
users, each with arbitrary permissions, and it is possible for a user
to have no permissions on no blogs (this makes sense because a blog
administrator may choose to only allow comments from users who are
registered on the system).

In Lyceum, each blog can turn (pre-aproved, admin-installed) plugins
on and off as they like.

We've also made a smattering of security and performance improvements
to WordPress (some of which may or may not be applicable to the MU
architecture). "
Piers C. (Guest)
"marcus estes" <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> writes:

>>From the Lyceum FAQ:
>
> "Q: What is the difference between Lyceum and WordPress MU?
>
> The main difference between Lyceum and MU is the database schema. MU
> creates a set of tables for each blog in a system.

We're definitely not doing that. At all. Ever. Over my dead body.

> Lyceum uses a fixed number of tables for the entire system.

Much more sensible.
Bolo (Guest)
We're definitely not doing that. At all. Ever. Over my dead body.

u 're talking about schema or lyceeum

2006/4/26, Piers C. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>:
Kevin B. (Guest)
How would talking about Lyceum in this context make sense? It's not
like Typo could "do" Lyceum. He was talking about the schema.
Ryan W. (Guest)
I believe the discussion involved both schema and lyceum, so, if
you're asking a question, then the answer is yes.
Bolo (Guest)
My origina question was it's possible to use like wordpress. But they
explain me that lyceum is better.
If i undertand all typo is not multi user and multi blog. I need to
change
it for do that