Forum: Ruby on Rails RE: [ANN] Version 1.1.2 CHM Documentation File

Berger, Daniel (Guest)

> You can download the file directly from here:
> http://delynnberry.com/files/rails-documentation-1-1-2.chm.
>
> Let me know if you encounter any problems with the file.

Thanks again for this.  It makes searching much easier. :)

Regards,

Dan

or
strictly
destroy
Peter (Guest)
on 2006-04-24 22:06
Very handy.

Thanx
DeLynn B. (Guest)
> Thanks again for this.  It makes searching much easier. :)
> Very handy.

Not a problem. I'm glad people are finding it helpful.

--
DeLynn B.
removed_email_address@domain.invalid

~ Ben

On 4/24/06, DeLynn B. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Rails mailing list
> removed_email_address@domain.invalid

Ben R.
http://www.benr75.com
Jakub Kozisek (Guest)
on 2006-04-25 02:25
There is CHM reader named xchm working under linux and ported to Mac and
Win too.
I've tested it year ago without any problems. Look at:
http://xchm.sourceforge.net/

JK

Ben R. wrote:
> Is there anything remotely similar to a CHM help file for Mac or
> Linux?  I like to use the CHM file at work, but at home I find myself
> back at http://api.rubyonrails.com/
>
> ~ Ben
>
> On 4/24/06, DeLynn B. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
>> Rails mailing list
>> removed_email_address@domain.invalid
>>

> --
> Ben R.
> http://www.benr75.com
DeLynn B. (Guest)
> Is there anything remotely similar to a CHM help file for Mac or
> Linux?

Check out Chmox for OS X: http://chmox.sourceforge.net/.

They don't have searching yet, but it will read the CHM file.

As for the other *nixes, try xchm: http://xchm.sourceforge.net/.

--
DeLynn B.
removed_email_address@domain.invalid
http://delynnberry.com
DeLynn B. (Guest)
> There is CHM reader named xchm working under linux and ported to Mac and
> Win too.

Guess I was just a tad bit late on this one :-) Thanks Jakub.

--
DeLynn B.
removed_email_address@domain.invalid
http://delynnberry.com
Peter De Berdt (Guest)
On 25 Apr 2006, at 00:26, DeLynn B. wrote:

>> Is there anything remotely similar to a CHM help file for Mac or
>> Linux?
>
> Check out Chmox for OS X: http://chmox.sourceforge.net/.
>
> They don't have searching yet, but it will read the CHM file.

CHM Viewer for MacOS X has it, but the index needs to be built on a
Windows distribution first, it can't build the index itself. The CHM
file posted on the list isn't indexed.

Best regards

Peter De Berdt
DeLynn B. (Guest)
> CHM Viewer for MacOS X has it, but the index needs to be built on a
> Windows distribution first, it can't build the index itself. The CHM
> file posted on the list isn't indexed.

I did not realize that you need to manually build the index on the CHM
file. Can you tell me how I might go about doing that. I'd be happy to
manually build the index and post the updated file to my site.

Thanks.

--
On 25 Apr 2006, at 15:59, DeLynn B. wrote:

>> CHM Viewer for MacOS X has it, but the index needs to be built on a
>> Windows distribution first, it can't build the index itself. The CHM
>> file posted on the list isn't indexed.
>
> I did not realize that you need to manually build the index on the CHM
> file. Can you tell me how I might go about doing that. I'd be happy to
> manually build the index and post the updated file to my site.

I believe just opening it once in windows builds the index. Not to
sure however, all I can say is that the index is empty when I open it
in CHM viewer, while I have other CHMs that show the index just fine.

Best regards

Peter De Berdt
DeLynn B. (Guest)
> I believe just opening it once in windows builds the index. Not to
> sure however, all I can say is that the index is empty when I open it
> in CHM viewer, while I have other CHMs that show the index just fine.

I thought that might be it as well, but I've opened the thing multiple
times in Windows and played around with the index and still no luck.
I've even gone through all the options in the Microsoft HTML Help
Workshop and nothing I change seems to make a difference.

I'll keep searching Google and see what I can find.

--
DeLynn B.
removed_email_address@domain.invalid
http://delynnberry.com
John W. Long (Guest)
DeLynn B. wrote:
>> Is there anything remotely similar to a CHM help file for Mac or
>> Linux?
>
> Check out Chmox for OS X: http://chmox.sourceforge.net/.

Chamanix looks nice as well:

   http://sourceforge.net/projects/chamonix/

It seems to provide full text search and indexing.

--
John L.
http://wiseheartdesign.com
> Chamanix looks nice as well:
>
>    http://sourceforge.net/projects/chamonix/
>
> It seems to provide full text search and indexing.

Chamanix is really nice!. I like that it uses a WebKit view to display
the documentation. I've gone ahead and added it to the wiki page.

--
DeLynn B. wrote:
>> Chamanix looks nice as well:
>>
>>    http://sourceforge.net/projects/chamonix/
>>
>> It seems to provide full text search and indexing.
>
> Chamanix is really nice!. I like that it uses a WebKit view to display
> the documentation. I've gone ahead and added it to the wiki page.

What wiki page?

--
John L.
http://wiseheartdesign.com