Forum: Ruby Google Calendar lib?

James B. (Guest)
I've been hacking around with the Google calendar API, but before I
reinvent another wheel, I wanted to see if anyone has assembled anything
already.

There is Google calendar project on RubyForge, but it appears to be
vapor.  Any real Google calendar/Gdata libs out in the wild?

James B.

"You harmonize; then you customize."
  - Wilson Pickett
Cameron McBride (Guest)
> I've been hacking around with the Google calendar API, but before I
> reinvent another wheel, I wanted to see if anyone has assembled anything
> already.
>
> There is Google calendar project on RubyForge, but it appears to be
> vapor.  Any real Google calendar/Gdata libs out in the wild?

heh.  I just started futzing with google calendar and Gdata today.

I'd also be interested if something already exists, as my efforts
probably won't see the light of day anytime soon (but it does look
pretty straight forward).

Jason's project looks like it just started (google calendar at
rubyforge.org).  Any code yet, Jason?

Cameron
Jim F. (Guest)

Have you checked out http://developer.yahoo.com/yui

> James B.
>
> "You harmonize; then you customize."
>  - Wilson Pickett

Jim F.
James B. (Guest)
Jim F. wrote:
> On Apr 23, 2006, at 4:47 PM, James B. wrote:
>
>> I've been hacking around with the Google calendar API, but before I
>> reinvent another wheel, I wanted to see if anyone has assembled
>> anything already.
>

> Have you checked out http://developer.yahoo.com/yui

I've seen that, and it's interesting, but it's JavaScript.

I'm looking for any existing Ruby code to do http requests against the
Google calendar API.

(I've got some basic stuff working now, anyway ...)

James B.

"A principle or axiom is of no value without the rules for applying it."
   - Len Bullard
Amr M. (Guest)
on 2006-04-25 23:23
Cameron McBride wrote:
> On 4/23/06, James B. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
>> I've been hacking around with the Google calendar API, but before I
>> reinvent another wheel, I wanted to see if anyone has assembled anything
>> already.
>>
>> There is Google calendar project on RubyForge, but it appears to be
>> vapor.  Any real Google calendar/Gdata libs out in the wild?
>
> heh.  I just started futzing with google calendar and Gdata today.
>
> I'd also be interested if something already exists, as my efforts
> probably won't see the light of day anytime soon (but it does look
> pretty straight forward).
>
> Jason's project looks like it just started (google calendar at
> rubyforge.org).  Any code yet, Jason?
>
> Cameron

There is a gcalendar.rb out there. Has anyone tried it or integrated it
with a rails app? (maybe too early at this point).

-A
Jason P. (Guest)
On 4/25/06, Amr M. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> There is a gcalendar.rb out there. Has anyone tried it or integrated it
> with a rails app? (maybe too early at this point).
>
> -A

Amr,

Are you referring to this:
http://helgaorg.googlepages.com/rubygcalenderapi

That's what I've been working on.  If there's anything you'd like to
add, or
any requests, I'd be happy to re-prioritize.

_jason
Amr (Guest)
on 2006-04-26 05:22
Jason P. wrote:
> On 4/25/06, Amr M. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
>> >

>> There is a gcalendar.rb out there. Has anyone tried it or integrated it
>> with a rails app? (maybe too early at this point).
>>
>> -A
>>

> Amr,
>
> Are you referring to this:
> http://helgaorg.googlepages.com/rubygcalenderapi
>
> That's what I've been working on.  If there's anything you'd like to
> add, or
> any requests, I'd be happy to re-prioritize.
>
> _jason

Hi Jason, that is actually what I was talking about. Forgot to add a
link to it. I just came across it today looking for something to
integrate google calendar into a rails app and wondering if anyone else
had done that already. I haven't tried it yet though. Do you plan to
release a rails plugin of some type at some point in the future?

Thanks,

-Amr