Forum: Ruby on Rails Does AJAX form_remote_tag remove "\r\n"?

Shark Fin S. (Guest)
When I submit textarea with "\r\n" inside its content, all the "\r\n"
are gone at the receiving end? Is there a known behavior I should be
aware off? Or should I start looking some where else.

Thank you,

Sharkie
Jón B. (Guest)
Doesn't for me.... You are using :text instead of :string on the
database end, right?

On 4/23/06, Shark Fin S. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

Shark Fin S. (Guest)
I do not remember having specified :text vs. :string anywhere. Where
would this configuration be? And how would it make any differences?

Sharkie
Alex W. (Guest)
on 2006-04-23 23:12
Jón means in your database schema.  Your column you are stroing the text
area in should be TEXT, and not VARCHAR(255) (or :text instead of
:string using ruby table definitions in migrations)

Also, are you sure they are really gone?  When you redisplay the data
use:
<%= simple_format @my_model.message %>