Forum: Ruby on Rails rake db:migrate error: uninitialized constant mysql

Gene K. (Guest)
on 2006-04-23 08:54
Hello,
When I run: rake db:migrate , I get the "uninitialized constant mysql"
error.

I issue the command inside the root of the application InPlaceEditing, a
recipe from Chad F.'s Rails Recipes. The InPlaceEditing application
is inside the directory:

c:\instantrails\rails_apps\InPlaceEditing

I can run the InstantRails Cookbook tutorial, no problem, so MySql
itself is not the problem.

Help will be appreciated!
nKodeR (Guest)
on 2006-12-28 15:25
Gene K. wrote:
> When I run: rake db:migrate , I get the "uninitialized constant mysql"
> error.

On my Kubuntu I had the same problem. Try to install libmysql-ruby -
that solved my problem with it.