Forum: Rails Engines db:migrate:engines task missing (svn externals install)

Announcement (2017-05-07): www.ruby-forum.com is now read-only since I unfortunately do not have the time to support and maintain the forum any more. Please see rubyonrails.org/community and ruby-lang.org/en/community for other Rails- und Ruby-related community platforms.
Steve K. (Guest)
on 2006-04-23 06:34
On my main development machine I have several apps. One uses a fixed
version of engines installed via script\plugin and explicitly runs under
Rails 1.0 in environment.rb. User and Login engines run fine.

For a new app, I installed the Rails 1.1.2 gems and decided to do things
"right" with svn:externals props pulling in Engines and Login and
UserEngines. When I ran svn update, it seemed to pull down all three,
but my SVN log reported as though it pulled in the Engines plugin 3
times, not three diferent components.

Running rake db:migrate:engines returns a no-such-task error. A look at
rake -T shows most of the old un-namespaced Engines tasks, but not
engines_migrate, while all the Rails tasks are namespaced.

I've tried via svn:externals both the trunk versions and the
tags/rel_1.0.1 versions and had the same result.

If this doesn't ring a bell, I'll also provide some SVN log output, a
listing of the resulting vendor/plugins directory and the output of rake
-T for extra bonus troubleshooting fun.
Steve K. (Guest)
on 2006-04-24 18:55
Just some additional info: I tried setting my svn externals property to
fetch the Engines plugin 1.1.1 and the 1.0.1 Login and User engines.
Again, a sensible-looking set of files gets fetched into vendor/plugins
but I still have no db:migrate:engines task, nor an engines_migrate
task.

rake -T returns namespaced tasks for Rails and non-namespaced tasks for
the engines, and as I said, neither of the engine migration tasks.. just
things like bootstrap and those schema import tasks. I'm leery of trying
the latter because I'm worried I'll run into other very broken things as
I proceed.

Steve K. wrote:
> On my main development machine I have several apps. One uses a fixed
> version of engines installed via script\plugin and explicitly runs under
> Rails 1.0 in environment.rb. User and Login engines run fine.
>
> For a new app, I installed the Rails 1.1.2 gems and decided to do things
> "right" with svn:externals props pulling in Engines and Login and
> UserEngines. When I ran svn update, it seemed to pull down all three,
> but my SVN log reported as though it pulled in the Engines plugin 3
> times, not three diferent components.
>
> Running rake db:migrate:engines returns a no-such-task error. A look at
> rake -T shows most of the old un-namespaced Engines tasks, but not
> engines_migrate, while all the Rails tasks are namespaced.
>
> I've tried via svn:externals both the trunk versions and the
> tags/rel_1.0.1 versions and had the same result.
>
> If this doesn't ring a bell, I'll also provide some SVN log output, a
> listing of the resulting vendor/plugins directory and the output of rake
> -T for extra bonus troubleshooting fun.
Jason T. (Guest)
on 2007-04-05 00:40
Was this question ever answered?  Experiencing same issue, latest
version of ENGINES plugin installed successfully yet rake -T output does
not show db:migrate:engines as an available task.

Steve K. wrote:
> Just some additional info: I tried setting my svn externals property to
> fetch the Engines plugin 1.1.1 and the 1.0.1 Login and User engines.
> Again, a sensible-looking set of files gets fetched into vendor/plugins
> but I still have no db:migrate:engines task, nor an engines_migrate
> task.
>
> rake -T returns namespaced tasks for Rails and non-namespaced tasks for
> the engines, and as I said, neither of the engine migration tasks.. just
> things like bootstrap and those schema import tasks. I'm leery of trying
> the latter because I'm worried I'll run into other very broken things as
> I proceed.
of rake
This topic is locked and can not be replied to.