Forum: Ruby on Rails put variable in session each time any controller runs?

Giles B. (Guest)
Hi -- well, that's what I'm trying to do. Does anyone know what the
best way to do it is? I have three controllers, each one has a hidden
tag, and I want each one to salt its respective tag with the name of
the action in effect, at the time that action runs, for every action
in the controller.

--
Giles B.
http://www.gilesgoatboy.org

You might want to check out using before or after filters.  The Agile
Dev
book has a really good section on them.

Rob
Giles B. (Guest)
Hi Rob -- that looks exactly right. Thanks! ^_^