Forum: Ruby on Rails ruby/amazon isssue

unknown (Guest)
hi all. we're using the ruby/amazon library
(http://www.caliban.org/ruby/ruby-amazon.shtml), which totally rocks.
but i'm
noticing that when nobody has used our site in a while (it's under
development,
so basically nobody uses it at night), the ruby/amazon calls sometimes
fail.
seems like something times out, perhaps. anybody have similar issues, or
know
what might be causing this?

and on a related note, anybody know if this library is still under
development?
it does what it does fantastically, but it hasn't been updated in a
while, and
doesn't support the latest and greatest from the amazon api.

best,
john

Jared (Guest)
on 2006-04-22 23:46
unknown wrote:
> hi all. we're using the ruby/amazon library
> (http://www.caliban.org/ruby/ruby-amazon.shtml), which totally rocks.
> but i'm
> noticing that when nobody has used our site in a while (it's under
> development,
> so basically nobody uses it at night), the ruby/amazon calls sometimes
> fail.
> seems like something times out, perhaps. anybody have similar issues, or
> know
> what might be causing this?

I'm polling book ranks via the Amazon interface every 30 minutes, night
and day. Failures aren't that uncommon. It doesn't happen every day, but
it does fail for a while most days.

It seems to be on Amazon's side. When it occurs, if I go to Amazon and
check a book's page, the rank is always missing there as well.

Jared
http://JaredRichardson.net
Chris T (Guest)

I think I read somewhere that development had stopped on it.