Forum: Ruby Annoucing DPP's Ruby Playground

David P. (Guest)
Folks,

I've just put up a wiki for tips, tricks, code snippets, and rants
related
to Ruby.

"Dude, there are a ton of Ruby information sources, what makes yours
different?"

Glad you asked...

   - I've been a hard-core Java guy since 1996 (I ran the first
   large-scale WebLogic deployment) and have recently fallen in lust
with
   Ruby.  You'll see that flavor running through the site.  Ruby is the
Java of
   the next 10 years.
   - I was once a hard-core NextStep guy (I wrote the Mesa spreadsheet
   for NextStep) who learned to do programing in Objective-C with a
SmallTalk
   style UI framework.  You'll see that flavor running through the site.
Ruby
   feels so much like Objective-C.  I'm surprised there isn't a project
   build Interface Builder in Ruby (boy... that'd be kick-ass.)
   - I've written a bunch of Domain Specific Languages (see
   http://web.archive.org/web/20011005170055/www.smar...).
 I recently re-implemented SiteMap in Ruby (it's a Ruby Forge
project.)
   It took ~ 6,000 LOC in Java and ~800 LOC in Ruby.  You'll see some
DSL
   flavor running through the site.

So if you're a NextStep/OS X/Interface Builder to Java to Ruby to DSL
kind
of person or have stuff in common with some of those items, come play in
my
Ruby playground.

Thanks and I look forward to everybody's inputs and contributions.

David
Guillaume M. (Guest)
Le 21 avr. 06, à 23:14, David P. a écrit :

> site.  Ruby
> DSL
>    flavor running through the site.
>
> So if you're a NextStep/OS X/Interface Builder to Java to Ruby to DSL
> kind
> of person or have stuff in common with some of those items, come play
> in my
> Ruby playground.

Sure. What's the URL?

Guillaume.
Greg C. (Guest)
Did I miss the url?

Greg
Ryan L. (Guest)
On 4/21/06, David P. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I've just put up a wiki for tips, tricks, code snippets, and rants related
> to Ruby.

Sounds neat...you might want to provide a link :)

Ryan
Greg C. (Guest)
David P. (Guest)
D'oh!