Forum: Ruby on Rails input controls on-the-fly ?

lepre (Guest)
on 2006-04-21 17:49
i wish to know if there is some way to check user-input directly while
it's inserted.
for example if i have to insert a number and the user press letters i
just have to hide/delete the letters and wait for numbers.

all without the need to press some submit button or any link..just
automatically.

Thanks
Lepre
Bryan D. (Guest)
on 2006-04-21 18:36
lepre wrote:
> i wish to know if there is some way to check user-input directly while
> it's inserted.
> for example if i have to insert a number and the user press letters i
> just have to hide/delete the letters and wait for numbers.
>
> all without the need to press some submit button or any link..just
> automatically.
>
> Thanks
> Lepre

It's called JavaScript. Do a Google search for JavaScript validation and
you're bound to find what you're looking for.
lepre (Guest)
on 2006-04-21 18:59
Bryan D. wrote:
> It's called JavaScript. Do a Google search for JavaScript validation and
> you're bound to find what you're looking for.

i know js but till now i only found validation after the submit button
(that's why i said it) and nothing about on-the-fly...

i posted here also to know if there something directly in rails or not
Adam B. (Guest)
on 2006-04-21 19:12
lepre wrote:
> Bryan D. wrote:
>> It's called JavaScript. Do a Google search for JavaScript validation and
>> you're bound to find what you're looking for.
>
> i know js but till now i only found validation after the submit button
> (that's why i said it) and nothing about on-the-fly...
>
> i posted here also to know if there something directly in rails or not

I'm no rails guru so I couldn't tell you if there's something in rails
to do it automagically, but in JavaScript do something like -

http://www.htmlcodetutorial.com/forms/index_attsupp_5.html
lepre (Guest)
on 2006-04-21 19:20
Adam Beale wrote:
> http://www.htmlcodetutorial.com/forms/index_attsupp_5.html

that open up the way :)
thank you
lepre (Guest)
on 2006-04-22 05:25
OMG....i just got about RJS (ruby javascript)....that's so nice....