Forum: Ruby on Rails "Lost connection to MySQL server" error

Nick C. (Guest)
on 2006-04-21 13:13
Have things running great on my local webrick. Decided to set things up
on the local server and I get this error:

Mysql::Error: Lost connection to MySQL server during query: SHOW FIELDS
FROM users
RAILS_ROOT: script/../config/..

So I thought it might be struggling to connect to mysql, so I tried with
sockets instead of port 3306. No difference unfortunately. I can connect
successfully to mysql on 3306 remotely anyway, so that shouldn't be a
prob.

So what else could it be? Help!
Nick C. (Guest)
on 2006-04-21 13:35
Nick C. wrote:
> Have things running great on my local webrick. Decided to set things up
> on the local server and I get this error:
>
> Mysql::Error: Lost connection to MySQL server during query: SHOW FIELDS
> FROM users
> RAILS_ROOT: script/../config/..
>
> So I thought it might be struggling to connect to mysql, so I tried with
> sockets instead of port 3306. No difference unfortunately. I can connect
> successfully to mysql on 3306 remotely anyway, so that shouldn't be a
> prob.
>
> So what else could it be? Help!

Google to the rescue! Found this:
http://www.ocsforums.com/showthread.php?t=132#3