Forum: Ruby on Rails Is AJAX https request possible from http page ?

Roberto S. (Guest)
Hi all

Is it possible to do https request via AJAX  from a http loaded page ?

It's for minimizing serverload and just send passwords and user-account
stuff via https.

>From my understanding how AJAX works, it is not possible to mix, because
http/https is like cross-domain

In case I am not wrong, maybe someone knows a way around the
limitiations
(my first thought: proxing via iframe, anybody tried that ??? )

regards
Raymond O. (Guest)
on 2007-01-15 01:34
Roberto S. wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Is it possible to do https request via AJAX  from a http loaded page ?
>
> It's for minimizing serverload and just send passwords and user-account
> stuff via https.
>
>>From my understanding how AJAX works, it is not possible to mix, because
> http/https is like cross-domain
>
> In case I am not wrong, maybe someone knows a way around the
> limitiations
> (my first thought: proxing via iframe, anybody tried that ??? )
>
> regards

I would like to do the same thing.  Does anyone know a good solution?