Forum: Ruby CHM of documentation (core/stdlib)??

Announcement (2017-05-07): www.ruby-forum.com is now read-only since I unfortunately do not have the time to support and maintain the forum any more. Please see rubyonrails.org/community and ruby-lang.org/en/community for other Rails- und Ruby-related community platforms.
Philip H. (Guest)
on 2006-04-21 02:20
(Received via mailing list)
Hi all -

Is there a CHM of the docs?  I've googled and googled and haven't found
it...

am I just not seeing it?

Thanks!
Joel VanderWerf (Guest)
on 2006-04-21 04:10
(Received via mailing list)
Philip H. wrote:
> Hi all -
>
> Is there a CHM of the docs?  I've googled and googled and haven't found
> it...
>
> am I just not seeing it?
>
> Thanks!

There is one in the one-click ruby installer, in the doc dir, made from
PickAxe, 1st ed.
Patrick H. (Guest)
on 2006-04-21 05:14
(Received via mailing list)
On 4/20/06, Joel VanderWerf <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> There is one in the one-click ruby installer, in the doc dir, made from
> PickAxe, 1st ed.
>
> --
>       vjoel : Joel VanderWerf : path berkeley edu : 510 665 3407
>
>

Also FYI you can generate chm with rdoc --fmt rdoc .....

pth
Philip H. (Guest)
on 2006-04-21 05:59
(Received via mailing list)
> PickAxe, 1st ed.
*sigh*

Thanks.  I have that, but for some reason missed the "stdlib" section.
That is exactly what I want.

heh.
James B. (Guest)
on 2006-04-21 06:05
(Received via mailing list)
Philip H. wrote:

>> There is one in the one-click ruby installer, in the doc dir, made from
>> PickAxe, 1st ed.
>
>
> *sigh*
>
> Thanks.  I have that, but for some reason missed the "stdlib" section.
> That is exactly what I want.

Note, though, that this is not based on the current version of Ruby.


--
James B.

"A principle or axiom is of no value without the rules for applying it."
   - Len Bullard
James B. (Guest)
on 2006-04-21 06:08
(Received via mailing list)
Patrick H. wrote:

>>
>>There is one in the one-click ruby installer, in the doc dir, made from
>>PickAxe, 1st ed.
>>
>>
>
> Also FYI you can generate chm with rdoc --fmt rdoc .....

You have to download and install the HtmlHelp software from Microsoft if
you do not already have the CHM compiler.


--
James B.

"A principle or axiom is of no value without the rules for applying it."
   - Len Bullard
This topic is locked and can not be replied to.