Forum: Ruby Segmentation Fault

McDevitt, Chris (Guest)

I am trying to install the oracle drivers for ruby:
ruby-oci8-0.1.14-mswin32.rb
When I run the script I get:

<snip>
C:\downloads>ruby ruby-oci8-0.1.14-mswin32.rb
Copy OCI8.rb to c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/DBD/OCI8
Copy oci8.rb to c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8
Copy oci8lib.so to c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/i386-msvcrt
OK?
Enter Yes/No: Yes
ruby-oci8-0.1.14-mswin32.rb:75: [BUG] Segmentation fault
ruby 1.8.4 (2005-12-24) [i386-mswin32]

way.
</snip>

Any suggestions?
Daniel B. (Guest)
McDevitt, Chris wrote:
> Copy oci8lib.so to c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/i386-msvcrt
> Any suggestions?
The OCI8 driver for Windows was built with VC++ 7.  Curt's one-click
installer
was built with VC++ 6.  Therein lies the problem.

I've already posted a message to let Kubo know about the issue (I've hit
it
myself).

If someone has a VC++ 6 compiler (Curt? Heesob?) could you do us a favor
and
build the shared object, and then submit it as a patch to the OCI8
project page?

Thanks,

Dan
Curt H. (Guest)
On 4/20/06, Daniel B. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> > Copy OCI8.rb to c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/DBD/OCI8
> > </snip>
>
> If someone has a VC++ 6 compiler (Curt? Heesob?) could you do us a favor
> and
> build the shared object, and then submit it as a patch to the OCI8 project
> page?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dan

I'm not ignoring you, but I hope someone can do this. I am so incredibly
over-loaded that I don't even have time to fix some simple problems in
the
one-click installer -- if I can make it through June I vow never to get
myself in this position again!  :-(

Curt
Park H. (Guest)

>>When I run the script I get:
>>This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual
>
>If someone has a VC++ 6 compiler (Curt? Heesob?) could you do us a favor
>and build the shared object, and then submit it as a patch to the OCI8
>project page?

OK, Here is what you want.

Try
http://203.238.130.101/~phasis/ruby-oci8-0.1.14-mswin32.rb