Forum: GNU Radio Flex 2400 Daughtercards and MIMO

Elaine Garbarine (Guest)
Hello all,

I have a question regarding the Flex 2400 daughter cards and their use
for
MIMO applications.  Our lab just got a few of the Flex2400s and we
wanted to
follow the procedure detailed in the Wiki to lock the oscillators on the
daughter cards so they can be used for MIMO applications.  My question
is,
if we follow this procedure does that mean that the cards can no longer
be
used for SISO applications?

Best Regards,
Elaine
Matt E. (Guest)
Elaine Garbarine wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have a question regarding the Flex 2400 daughter cards and their use for
> MIMO applications.  Our lab just got a few of the Flex2400s and we wanted to
> follow the procedure detailed in the Wiki to lock the oscillators on the
> daughter cards so they can be used for MIMO applications.  My question is,
> if we follow this procedure does that mean that the cards can no longer be
> used for SISO applications?

No, they can still be used in SISO applications.  The phase noise is
slightly degraded by this modification, which is why not all boards are
shipped that way in the first place.

Matt