Forum: Ruby on Rails Is there a problem with Agile code in Web 2.0 chapter?

Lindsay B. (Guest)
on 2006-04-20 14:32
Hi, I'm running the code example for 'Dynamically Updating a List' in
Agile pages 404-406:

When I enter a new to-do, and click 'New Item', a new page is rendered
only displaying the new to-do just entered. This isn't what's expected.
The to-do list with id="items" should be updated so the to-do list
dynamically grows.

Anyone experience this? I've tried searching the web & the Agile Errata,
but can't find anything.

thanks
Lindsay
Lindsay B. (Guest)
on 2006-04-20 15:00
Lindsay B. wrote:

> Anyone experience this? I've tried searching the web & the Agile Errata,
> but can't find anything.

Darn, forgot to include the prototype library in my layout! Would it be
possible to send a warning to the server log that this library is
missing if an AJAX call is made?

-Lindsay
Conrad T. (Guest)
Hi, you should be referencing the errata and/or the PDF for the book.
You should be able to find the errata in the following location:

http://pragmaticprogrammer.com/titles/rails/index.html

Peace,

-Conrad