Forum: Ruby on Rails Toolbox

Rafael Z. (Guest)
Hello my friends

Today at FISL (International Forum of Free Software), I've had the
opportunity to watch a Turbogears presentation.

The framework, itself is really weak in comparison to rails, but... When
the
guy who was making the presentation show the NEW 0.9 TurboGears Toolbox
I've
though:

 - Isn't something like that in Rails?

Well, after a little googleing around I've found NOTHING!

Well, does anyone know a Toolbox-like tool for Rails?

[ ]'s
Wilson B. (Guest)
On 4/19/06, Rafael Z. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> Well, after a little googleing around I've found NOTHING!
>
> Well, does anyone know a Toolbox-like tool for Rails?
>
> [ ]'s

Yep.
ruby script/console

You can manipulate your data and actions at directly through your
application.
Rafael Z. (Guest)
Yes, I know the console, but the question was:
'does anyone know a Toolbox-like tool for Rails?'

ToolBox is a webapplication that make management of my model really
quick
and easy.

Download and try for yourself, it's really good.

I think I'll make something like to Rails, since I haven't found nothing
as
easy.

[ ]'s
Nshbrown N. (Guest)
Check out http://dev.toolbocks.com or
http://svn.toolbocks.com/www/branches/1_0/ :)

Something I have been working on, and very much in prototype, so expect
bugs
(and no documentation).

If you get it working, lemme know.

It's a RAD tool for building models with Rails. It has a few other
gimmics.

-Nb

Rafael Z. wrote:
> Hello my friends
>
> Today at FISL (International Forum of Free Software), I've had the
> opportunity to watch a Turbogears presentation.
>
> The framework, itself is really weak in comparison to rails,
Can you give us some points to prove this? I have been looking at TG
just before switched to rails, so never actually tried it, ergo i can
not tell the difference myself (just that RoR rocks! ;-) but there is
*really* so much difference between the two? (Just asking, i am already
a total RoR/Ruby fanatic, and anyway not claiming that what you are
writing here is not true, just i would be interested in some facts).

Thx,
Peter
Rafael Z. (Guest)
Tnx Nathaniel, i'll take a look

Peter,
Sorry, I'm take a closer look in TG yesterday and I came to the
conclusion
it's not Weak, but much less agile than rails

You have a lot more code to make before anything start to occour.

Sorry for my bad English :D

[ ]'s