Forum: Ruby Re: Respect (was Re: Symbol#to_proc is just so beautiful)

TRANS (Guest)
> That's ironic.  You show a complete lack of regard for the (likely
> busy) gateway operator and then complain that he may may be showing a
> lack of regard for the community.

I don't think so. Some of us depend on that Gateway. I've been patient
for two weeks. And have asked nicely a number of times about the
situation, without repsonse. How is it then disrespectuful to
communicate how one is effected and how one perceives a situation and
the actions of others?

> Don't get me wrong, I miss the gateway too.  I think it's hurt Ruby
> Quiz a good deal.

> But you want to "stop using Ruby" because the gateway is down?  That
> sounds pretty drastic to me.

Of course not. The point is the level of frustration for me --the it's
the kind of thing that makes one feel that way.

T.
Eric H. (Guest)
On Apr 19, 2006, at 5:37 PM, TRANS wrote:

>> That's ironic.  You show a complete lack of regard for the (likely
>> busy) gateway operator and then complain that he may may be showing a
>> lack of regard for the community.
>
> I don't think so. Some of us depend on that Gateway. I've been patient
> for two weeks. And have asked nicely a number of times about the
> situation, without repsonse. How is it then disrespectuful to
> communicate how one is effected and how one perceives a situation and
> the actions of others?

Perhaps you should send the gateway admin a reasonable donation for
dealing with the hassles of maintaining it and extra bandwidth costs
they incur (and hassles of being berated by users of a *FREE* service
when it isn't working).

I bet they'd appreciate a sum of say $50 and might even jump right on
it for you if you sent $150.

If you truly depend on something it is worth paying for.

http://trackmap.robotcoop.com