Forum: Ruby on Rails Useful article for anyone programming for paid client work

Justin B. (Guest)
We're working on a new series of applications called "RealApps" - simple
plugins and components add functionality to Rails applications. We just
posted an article describing the first one - a content management
system.

We also go into the business case behind the design we chose. Good stuff
for
programmers to know - especially if you are doing paid client work. It
doesn't matter how slick your code is - if it doesn't meet what the
client
wants, in the hours you bid, its worthless.

Check it out and let us know what you think!

http://blog.explorationage.com/articles/2006/04/18...

Justin
Kasper W. (Guest)
on 2006-04-20 05:22
Nice work!

I tried it out on one of my projects. Works as advertised, but when I
try to either view the production or preview site I get this error

undefined method `previewing=' for #<Realapps::CmsController:0x38966c8>

#{RAILS_ROOT}/components/realapps/cms_controller.rb:116:in `preview'

I'm on winXP

http://blog.explorationage.com/articles/2006/04/18...

> Justin
Kasper W. (Guest)
on 2006-04-20 05:28
Forget this. A restart of Mongrel solved the problem.

> Nice work!
>
> I tried it out on one of my projects. Works as advertised, but when I
> try to either view the production or preview site I get this error
>
> undefined method `previewing=' for #<Realapps::CmsController:0x38966c8>
>
> #{RAILS_ROOT}/components/realapps/cms_controller.rb:116:in `preview'
>
> I'm on winXP
Justin B. (Guest)
Glad to see someone is using it. Feel free to email me directly or stop
by
the Ruby Forge page (http://rubyforge.org/projects/realapps-cms/) if you
have additional feedback.

Out  of curiousity, are you using it for a particular project or just
checking it out?