From: Pierre Barbier de Reuille
[email protected]
Subject: Re: VIM + indentation/highlightning for ruby
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 01:10:26 +0900

Is there a patched/improved/tunned veryion of the according vim
http://vim-ruby.rubyforge.org/

Nice scripts :slight_smile:

Pierre

Hmmm…

I go there.
The newest version I found is of 2005.10.07. The INSTALL file
recommended tu use vim 6.3.x and there are tips for using the
files for 6.2.x. Currently 6.4.10 is the latest stable version of
vim.

Thats all not that important. But the indentation…:

    #!/usr/bin/ruby
    require 'crypt/ISAAC'
    require 'enumerator'

    rng = Crypt::ISAAC.new

    alpha=("A".."Z").to_a

    1000000.times {
        12.times {
        5.times {
        a=rng.rand(26)
        print alpha[a]
    }
    print " "
    }
    print "\n"

Not that, what I would exspect…

Any other ideas ?
(I installed the files according to the INSTALL file in my
$HOME/.vim/. …

Confused,
mcc

Meino Christian C. a écrit :

Thanks a lot in adnance for any helpful reply !

Keep hacking!
mcc

For vim and ruby together :

http://vim-ruby.rubyforge.org/

Nice scripts :slight_smile:

Pierre

On Apr 19, 2006, at 12:29 PM, Meino Christian C. wrote:

    1000000.times {

Not that, what I would exspect…

Any other ideas ?

Yeah, blocks confuse vim’s indentation sometimes. I especially enjoy
it when it does things like

some_long_identifier.each do |args|
blah blah
end

For the most part I just suck it up and change those things by hand.