Forum: GNU Radio Generating chrip signals

seph 004 (Guest)
Hi

 At the moment I would like to see if I can generate a chirp signal.
Looking through what gnuradio blocks are available, I assumed I could
use the gr_fxpt_nco block to do something like this. I was wondering
firstly if it would be possible, and secondly, how this block works and
behaves when it's running.

 Regards

 Lance
Eric B. (Guest)
On Wed, Apr 19, 2006 at 03:44:27AM -0700, seph 004 wrote:
> Hi
>

>  At the moment I would like to see if I can generate a chirp
>  signal. Looking through what gnuradio blocks are available, I
>  assumed I could use the gr_fxpt_nco block to do something like
>  this. I was wondering firstly if it would be possible, and
>  secondly, how this block works and behaves when it's running.
>
>  Regards
>  Lance

gr_fxpt_nco doesn't derive from gr_block.  It's a low level primitive
used within blocks.

However, you could generate a chirp by feeding
gr.frequency_modulator_fc (basically a VCO) a periodic ramp.

You could generate a periodic ramp using gr.vector_source_f(foo, True)
where foo was a python sequence that defines the ramp.

You could of course also build a new block that derives from
gr_sync_block.

Eric