Forum: Ruby Re: Google Summer of Code -- It's back

Anne G (Guest)
Could a student work on ruby and opengl to make it easier to
use opengl somehow? For example all the examples are
translations of C opengl examples, they don't take any
advantage of ruby to use opengl...
Joel VanderWerf (Guest)
Anne G wrote:
> Could a student work on ruby and opengl to make it easier to
> use opengl somehow? For example all the examples are
> translations of C opengl examples, they don't take any
> advantage of ruby to use opengl...

A 3D canvas that's as easy to use as tk's 2D canvas, and integrates with
popular GUI toolkits.
Alex C. (Guest)
I would like to join this as a student as well, thanks!
unknown (Guest)
Hi --

On Wed, 19 Apr 2006, Alex C. wrote:

> I would like to join this as a student as well, thanks!

Student applications will be taken starting May 1; right now we're
just gathering ideas and mentors :-)

You'll find details at http://code.google.com/soc/

David

"Ruby for Rails" PDF now on sale!  http://www.manning.com/black
Paper version coming in early May!
Bill G. (Guest)
> Hi --
>
> On Wed, 19 Apr 2006, Alex C. wrote:
>
> > I would like to join this as a student as well, thanks!
>
> Student applications will be taken starting May 1; right now we're
> just gathering ideas and mentors :-)

Well, I'm not looking to mentor, but I haven't seen anybody toss out
this idea yet:

Rails documentation system that gives Ruby/Rails something similar to
(but hopefully better than) the popular PHP documentation.

http://www.php.net/manual/en/