Forum: Ruby on Rails PHP and Rails integration

james (Guest)
on 2006-04-18 19:10
There a few php solutions that I would like to integrate with my Rails
app. Namely PHPBB(No offense RForum) and WordPress. Is it possible to
use these in a Rails environment, and what kind of issues/stumbling
blocks would I face if I attempted to?

Thanks,

James
Aaron K. (Guest)
Funny me... I thought one of the reasons to use Ruby and Rails was to
get
away from using PHP solutions.
Beate P. (Guest)
The easiest way is to use subdomains for this:
forum.domain.com, where you use php.

Concerning phpBB, have a look at google:
http://www.google.de/search?hl=de&q=phpbb+security...

Beate
Jeff J. (Guest)
on 2006-04-18 19:46
Beate P. wrote:
> The easiest way is to use subdomains for this:
> forum.domain.com, where you use php.
>
> Concerning phpBB, have a look at google:
> http://www.google.de/search?hl=de&q=phpbb+security...
>
> Beate

There is also a WIKI page for PHPBB integration.

http://wiki.rubyonrails.com/rails/pages/PhpBB+Integration
james (Guest)
on 2006-04-18 20:17
Jeff J. wrote:
> Beate P. wrote:
>> The easiest way is to use subdomains for this:
>> forum.domain.com, where you use php.
>>
>> Concerning phpBB, have a look at google:
>> http://www.google.de/search?hl=de&q=phpbb+security...
>>
>> Beate
>
> There is also a WIKI page for PHPBB integration.
>
> http://wiki.rubyonrails.com/rails/pages/PhpBB+Integration

Ok thanks for the reply's everyone... I think I will be using subdomains
for my php solutions. As for using rails to get away from PHP... im not
sure why I would want to spend valuable development time recreating
something that is already done quite well. PHPBB security issues may be
another problem all together but my research has seemed to indicate it
is the best choiche of all the major forum software. If you have any
recommendations to the contrary please let me know.

Thanks,

James