Forum: GNU Radio Consume_each

Matteo C. (Guest)
Hello, i have noticed the use of consume_each(n) in some of the block
sources; for example in the simple correlator it is called once with n
and once with n plus one - what is exactly its function and is it the
only consume function? What is the meaning of the parameter?

Thanks
Mc
Eric B. (Guest)
On Mon, Apr 17, 2006 at 11:17:11PM +0200, Matteo C. wrote:

> Hello, i have noticed the use of consume_each(n) in some of the
> block sources; for example in the simple correlator it is called
> once with n and once with n plus one - what is exactly its function
> and is it the only consume function? What is the meaning of the
> parameter?
>
> Thanks
> Mc

See gr_block.h for docs.

It's used by general_work to tell the scheduler how much input it
consumed.

Eric