Forum: Ruby on Rails installation of ruby on rail on linux fedora

Anil V. (Guest)
on 2006-04-17 23:16
i installed and work fine with ruby on rails on windows.
i used onlamp.com sites tutorial for that.
now i want to install it on linux.
how i can?
Please help....
Thank You in advance
Eden B. (Guest)
You might consider starting here:

http://wiki.rubyonrails.org/rails/pages/RailsOnFedora

But to be honest, I installed and used Rails on Fedora when I knew very
little about either one and I can't recall having an major issues.
Getting
Postgresql going was another issue entirely though.
Larry K. (Guest)
Which version of Fedora are you using?  Federa Core 5 comes with ruby
1.8.4which is a good start.  I've set it up several times without much
trouble,
and have found it easier than earlier versions.
-Larry

On 4/17/06, Eden B. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> On 4/17/06, ani vadhavane <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

Best Regards,
-Larry
"Work, work, work...there is no satisfactory alternative."
            --- E.Taft Benson