Forum: Ruby on Rails newbie actionmailer question

Vince W. (Guest)
on 2006-04-17 03:46
I'm trying to get my app to send an authentication email (via the
authenticated_as plugin)

I think the authenticated_as code is ok, but it's failing when it tries
to send a mail.

getaddrinfo: Name or service not known

In environment.rb I set up the code for my mail server:

# Include your application configuration below
ActionMailer::Base.server_settings = {
  :address  => "http://mail.foo.com/",
  :port  => 25,
  :domain  => "http://www.foo.com",
  :user_name  => "removed_email_address@domain.invalid",
  :password  => "emailpsswd",
  :authentication  => :login
                                        }

In the development.rb file I set the mail warning to true after which I
get this error when submitting the registration:

getaddrinfo: Name or service not known

I can post the full trace if it might be helpful.  Did I forget to
uncomment some piece of code in the environment.rb or make some other
newbie mistake?
Vince W. (Guest)
on 2006-04-17 05:01
Ok, looks like I had to uncomment this line:

  config.frameworks -= [ :action_web_service, :action_mailer ]

Now I'm getting a different error (No rhtml, rxml, rjs or delegate
template found for signup_notification) but I will post that under a
different question.
Justin F. (Guest)
Vince W. wrote:
> Ok, looks like I had to uncomment this line:
>
>   config.frameworks -= [ :action_web_service, :action_mailer ]

No, that line is to *prevent* those frameworks from being loaded.
(Note the use of -=)

regards

   Justin