Forum: Ruby on Rails AJAX effect when inserting new div

Arch S. (Guest)
on 2006-04-17 02:13
Can some one point me in the right direction?

I've got several pages that will respond to user input by creating a new
div in the content area.  I want that new div to visually expand into
view or flash with a background color rather than just appear.

Thanks.
Jeff C. (Guest)
on 2006-04-17 02:24
Arch S. wrote:
> Can some one point me in the right direction?
>
> I've got several pages that will respond to user input by creating a new
> div in the content area.  I want that new div to visually expand into
> view or flash with a background color rather than just appear.
>
> Thanks.

I entered "RJS tutorial" into Google and got a few hits:

http://blog.fearoffish.com/articles/2006/03/04/tut...

Among others.

Jeff
Arch S. (Guest)
on 2006-04-17 02:31
Jeff C.man wrote:
> Arch S. wrote:
>> Can some one point me in the right direction?
>>
>> I've got several pages that will respond to user input by creating a new
>> div in the content area.  I want that new div to visually expand into
>> view or flash with a background color rather than just appear.
>>
>> Thanks.
>
> I entered "RJS tutorial" into Google and got a few hits:
>
> http://blog.fearoffish.com/articles/2006/03/04/tut...
>
> Among others.
>
> Jeff

Thanks.  I also discovered that the method 'visual_effect(name,
element_id = false, js_options = {})' in the scriptaculous library among
others.

Took me 1 line of code to implement after that.  Sweet.