Forum: Ruby on Rails ActionMailer

Lantis S. (Guest)
on 2006-04-16 20:09
Is there a way to connect to a SMTP server that requires TLS since
ActionMailer doesn't support it?

Thanks,

Lantis.
Lantis S. (Guest)
on 2006-04-16 22:26
And has anyone worked it out with gmail?

Thanks,

Lantis.
Brian V Hughes (Guest)
On Apr 16, 2006, at 09:09 AM, Lantis S. wrote:
> Is there a way to connect to a SMTP server that requires TLS since
> ActionMailer doesn't support it?

I belive the "solution" to this is to run sendmail on your web/app
server, configure it to speak TLS to the SMTP server, and then
configure your Rails app to use the local sendmail.

-Brian
Lantis S. (Guest)
on 2006-04-17 03:30
The problem is i'm using windows and sendmail doesn't run on windows (or
it does & I couldnt find it?). Is there any other way?