Forum: Ruby on Rails wsod since upgrading to 1.1

Steven Bristol (Guest)
on 2006-04-16 17:32
I just upgraded to 1.1 and I am now getting the wsod for errors that
used to display on the screen. E.G. NoMethodError gives wsod. Does any
one know what caused this and how I can go back to the previous
behavior?
Dave S. (Guest)
On Sunday 16 Apr 2006 14:32, Steven Bristol wrote:
> I just upgraded to 1.1 and I am now getting the wsod for errors that
> used to display on the screen. E.G. NoMethodError gives wsod. Does any
> one know what caused this and how I can go back to the previous
> behavior?

Does the rest of your app still work OK?

Are you certain your hard drive isn't full?  Just a thought, since the
only
time I had the WSOD was when my hard drive inadvertently got full and I
hadn't realised.

Though if the rest of your app is working OK, I'm not quite sure what to
suggest.  What do your log files say?

~Dave

--

Dave S.
Rent-A-Monkey Website Development

PGP Key: http://www.rentamonkey.com/pgpkey.asc
Steven Bristol (Guest)
on 2006-04-17 02:04
Dave,

Thanks for the reply. The rest of the app works fine, and I have plenty
of HD space.

Let me mention that this app is in development, so it's not as if some
code that was working is now not working; it is all new code. I get the
wsod when I test a piece of flawed code, the problem is that I am
getting the wsod instead of an error message in the browser, which is
what used to happen. I must confess that it is driving me a bit batty.
It is acting like it is in production mode, but I am sure that it is not
(there is no production database). The errors in the log show what the
problem is, and when I correct it the problem the app works fine, until
I write another bit of flawed code, and then another wsod instead of a
On Sunday 16 Apr 2006 23:04, Steven Bristol wrote:
> Dave,
>
> Thanks for the reply. The rest of the app works fine, and I have plenty
> of HD space.

Sorry, I'm not sure I know what's going on, but perhaps this thread
helps:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.ruby.rails/31033

In particular, maybe:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.ruby.rails/31144

I take it you've done the usual restart (of your local server) and so
on?

~Dave

--

Dave S.
Rent-A-Monkey Website Development
http://www.rentamonkey.com/

PGP Key: http://www.rentamonkey.com/pgpkey.asc
Steven Bristol (Guest)
on 2006-04-18 04:18
Dave,

Thanks again for taking an interest. The links you forwarded do not
quite apply. I am only seeing the wsod when I have a real error in my
code. Once I fix the error, the wsod goes away. The error is usually a
syntax error. My problem is that I am getting a wsod instead of seeing
the error in the browser window. This means I must tail the log file and
hunt through reams of log to find what used to print nicely on the
screen. Why is it no longer displaying on the screen? What can I do to
fix it?

Thanks again,
steve