Forum: Ruby on Rails Possible to implement Textmate key shortcuts in RadRails?

Jesper Rønn-Jensen (Guest)
The Rails demo videos is a great showoff on how productive Textmate
editor
is. The 15 minute build-a-blog example should be twice as long if there
had
been no keyboard shortcuts in Textmate.

Unfortunately, I use windows and thus RadRails. Does anyone know how to
implement the same keyboard shortcut into RadRails?

Sebastian F. made an overview of the keyboard shortcuts:

http://feldpost.com/lighthaus/textmate_rails.pdf
(via blog.inquirylabs.com/2006/03/10/rails-cheat-sheat-for-textmate/ )

If somebody had the time and knows RadRails/Eclipse better than I do,
I'm
sure that all RadRails users would benefit from the productivity gains.
Carmen -. (Guest)
on 2006-04-17 01:22
> Unfortunately, I use windows and thus RadRails. Does anyone know how to
> implement the same keyboard shortcut into RadRails?

doesn't radrails do snippets by now? if for some reason it still doesnt,
you could check out rails.el fmr emacs.basically theres a lot of 2 char
shortcuts that you type then they expand and move the insertion point to
the right place. i havent used textmate but it seems similar to what ive
seen in the screencast.

don't be discouraged to delve into the land of emacs - for the first
5-years the only keystroke i knew was ctrl-x-ctrl-s (save). mainly i use
it beacuse nobody else gets tab-indent right. about 50% of editors even
have some kind of 'emacs-style' indent-mode in the prefs, but it isnt!
Carmen -. (Guest)
on 2006-04-17 01:24
> doesn't radrails do snippets by now? if for some reason it still doesnt,
> you could check out rails.el fmr emacs

heres a nice build of emacs if youre on windows:

http://www.crasseux.com/emacs/emacs_bin_cvs_2005_0...

i really have a sneak suspicion radrails has snippet support though. you
might want to ask in their freenode IRC channel.. #radrails