Forum: GNU Radio Maximum TX frequency limit

Matteo C. (Guest)
Hello, I found out that the max tx freq is limited in usrp_standard.cc
to 44MHz (since USE_FPGA_TX_CORDIC is undef'd). Now, since a 128MSps
should safely ensure 64MHz, what is actually imposing that limitation?

I was trying to go to 6mtrs ham band...

MC
Eric B. (Guest)
On Sat, Apr 15, 2006 at 02:00:00PM +0200, Matteo C. wrote:
> Hello, I found out that the max tx freq is limited in usrp_standard.cc
> to 44MHz (since USE_FPGA_TX_CORDIC is undef'd). Now, since a 128MSps
> should safely ensure 64MHz, what is actually imposing that limitation?

It's set by the passband of the interpolator in the AD9862.  See the
datasheet for details.

> I was trying to go to 6mtrs ham band...

Use a harmonic.  You *are* going to want some filtering ;)

Eric