Can't run MySQL queries

Hi everyone,

I’m having trouble actually running mysql queries. I can connect to the
database, I think, but when a query gets run the following shows up in
my
log:

SQL (0.000000) Mysql::Error: Lost connection to MySQL server during
query: SHOW TABLES

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Daniel H.

Hi Daniel, are you running queries from the MySQL command prompt?

-Conrad

Nevermind, it’s fixed. Apparently there had been some problems
installing
the mysql gem, but it’s all working now.

sudo gem install mysql – --with-mysql-dir=/usr/local/mysql

Got the gem installed fine.