Forum: Ruby on Rails Can't run MySQL queries

Daniel H. (Guest)
Hi everyone,

I'm having trouble actually running mysql queries. I can connect to the
database, I think, but when a query gets run the following shows up in
my
log:

  SQL (0.000000)   Mysql::Error: Lost connection to MySQL server during
query: SHOW TABLES

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Daniel H.
Conrad T. (Guest)
Hi Daniel, are you running queries from the MySQL command prompt?

-Conrad
Daniel H. (Guest)
Nevermind, it's fixed. Apparently there had been some problems
installing
the mysql gem, but it's all working now.

sudo gem install mysql -- --with-mysql-dir=/usr/local/mysql

Got the gem installed fine.

  _____