Forum: Ruby on Rails SaltedHashLoginGenerator Integration Woes

Lieutenant R. (Guest)
on 2006-04-14 18:27
I'm trying to modify the SaltedHashLoginGenerator to where it separates
the users table into two tables: a users table which contains login
info: token, salt, etc) and userprofiles table (which contains
firstname, lastname, authlevel, etc)

I'm trying to use the existent helper for user under
app/helpers/user_helper.rb and copied to
app/helpers/userprofiles_helper.rb and prepended prof_ to the names of
the functions to differentiate them.

On the user_controller.rb I added
  helper  :userprofiles

and modified the app/views/_edit.rhtml to make use of the userprofile
helpers...

I also added: config/environments/userprofile_environment.rb
      1 module Userprofiles
      2   CONFIG = {
      3     # Security token lifetime in hours
      4     :security_token_life_hours => 24,
      5
      6     # Two column form input
      7     :two_column_input => true,
      8
      9     # Add all changeable user fields to this array.
     10     # They will then be able to be edited from the edit action.
     11     :changeable_fields => [ 'firstname', 'lastname',
'phonenumber', 'faxnumber', 'mobilenumber', 'companyname', 'email
address', 'description' ],
     12
     13   }
     14 end

But yet I get this error:

uninitialized constant Userprofiles

Extracted source (around line #3):

1: <%= form_input :hidden_field, 'form', :value => 'edit' %>
2:
3: <%= prof_form_input prof_changeable(userprofile, "firstname"),
"firstname" %>

Any suggestions? Or am I completely going by the the wrong way?

My end result is that whenever a user signs up: A new record is added to
the users table AND a corresponding userprofile record is created as
well.

thanks.

-Lr-
Lieutenant R. (Guest)
on 2006-04-14 20:15
To answer my own question (it's funny how reading one's own problem
helps solve it):

  I had failed to add the line:

require 'environments/userprofiles_environment'

in the config/environment.rb file.

No it works I can use the Userprofiles::CONFIG[:etc] in the Helper file!

Hope this helps someone.

-lr-