Forum: Ruby on Rails Rails 1.1.2 is working on shared hosting that has rails 1.0

Pedro V. (Guest)
on 2006-04-14 09:02
After many hours I got working

It is in spanish but you can copy paste the code.

http://wiki.onrails.com.ar/onrailscomarwiki/show/I...

http://wiki.onrails.com.ar
Shane S. (Guest)
Interesting. Thanks for this. I don't really understand why you had to
mess
with the RAILS_GEM_VERSION though.
Pedro V. (Guest)
on 2006-04-14 20:19
Shane S. wrote:
> Interesting. Thanks for this. I don't really understand why you had to
> mess
> with the RAILS_GEM_VERSION though.

This trick apply to people who has:
* shared hosting
* rails 1.0 or 1.1.1 and wants to use gem rails 1.1.2 on your custom gem
directory

Your environment.rb generated with rails 1.1.2 has a line with
# Specifies gem version of Rails to use when vendor/rails is not present
#RAILS_GEM_VERSION = '1.1.2'

When you dont want to freeze your rails 1.1.2 and want use the gem rails
1.1.2
you have to specify this in your environment.rb

But in shared hostings the gem environment differs from you home gem
environment thats the trick. So you have to specify gem paths hacking
your boot.rb

Sorry english is not my native language.

http://wiki.onrails.com.ar