Forum: Ruby on Rails newbie radrails question

Greg F. (Guest)
I've just install Eclipse with RadRails for the first time.

I'm trying to follow the very simple DemoAppPart1 at

http://wiki.awebfactory.com.ar/awebfactory/publish...

When I click on the DepotServer and try to start it WEBbrick is not
starting.

I can cd to the base directory and run script/server and it works.
Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks
Greg
--
Greg F.
The Norcross Group

Even the simple Say controller generation is not working for me.

ruby script/generate controller Say

appears in the terminal window, but it is not actually executing.

Thoughts any one?

Greg

On 4/12/06, Greg F. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> Thanks
> Greg
> --
> Greg F.
> The Norcross Group
> Forensics for the 21st Century

--
Greg F.
The Norcross Group
Forensics for the 21st Century
Greg F. (Guest)
> Are you using Radrails 0.6.2?

I think so, but I don't know how to verify.

What I did this afternoon was:

Install eclipse from SUSE distro DVD.
Start eclipse (as root)
Go to help - software updates - Find and Install
Search for new features to install
Added the 2 new remote sites described on the radrails site
checked the 2 packages from the sites.  (one per site).

Exited eclipse and restarted as a normal user.

And then I started the tutorial.

Greg
--
Greg F.
The Norcross Group
Forensics for the 21st Century
Ed G. (Guest)
on 2006-04-13 03:05
I think you need Eclipse 3.2 to run the current Radrails.

Check the .eclipseproduct file for the eclipse version.

I only use the standalone RadRails, so I don't know how to check the
plugin's version.

Ed
Greg F. (Guest)
Never mind,

In the below I left out setting the path to ruby.

I had ignored the install tutorial at

http://wiki.awebfactory.com.ar/awebfactory/publish...

because I thought I was already past that stage.

I told you I was a newbie with this.

On 4/12/06, Greg F. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Go to help - software updates - Find and Install
> Greg F.
> The Norcross Group
> Forensics for the 21st Century

--
Greg F.
The Norcross Group
Forensics for the 21st Century
Conrad T. (Guest)
Hi, I'm having similar issue.  I have installed InstantRails 1.3.  Then
installed RadRails 0.6.2.  Now, when I create a new project called demo
and
start the server nothing happens.  I don't even get an error message.
Is
there something that I'm missing because I followed the installation.
If
anyone has any ideas as to how to resolve this issue, it would be
greatly
appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

-Conrad
Scott M. (Guest)
I've been using Radrails standalone & plugin versions for quite a while
now -
just did a fresh install of Eclipse 3.2M6, and Radrails 0.6.2 plugin on
Fedora FC5 - still issues with the server control, despite changelog
claims

my advice? run your server from a console, don't waste your time - even
when
it does work it's a lot slower

the generators also have a habit of borking, something else i just avoid

apart from the teething troubles it's still a promising IDE - if i could
just
get a decent shell plugin for eclipse i'd be laughing <= open to tips!
Greg F. (Guest)
On 4/12/06, Conrad T. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Hi, I'm having similar issue.  I have installed InstantRails 1.3.  Then I
> installed RadRails 0.6.2.  Now, when I create a new project called demo and
> start the server nothing happens.  I don't even get an error message.  Is
> there something that I'm missing because I followed the installation.  If
> anyone has any ideas as to how to resolve this issue, it would be greatly
> appreciated.
>
>  Thanks in advance,
>
>  -Conrad

As I said, my issue turned out to be that Eclipse was looking for ruby
in the wrong place.

The default path was /usr/local/bin/ruby not /usr/bin/ruby

Greg