Forum: Ruby on Rails Capistrano Issues

Andrew F. (Guest)
Well I finnally bit the bullet and upgrade to capistrano and have run
into several issues that I can't seem to find a fix for. Switchtower
worked perfectly but I can not get cap to work especially with the
change to the command to run a deploy.

The following code worked fine in switchtower to deploy:

switchtower -vvvv -S stage=stage -r config/deploy -a deploy

The stage variable could either be stage, test, production and
depending on what stage was passed would connect to the correct
environment and upload. Now though everything tries to hit my
production environment. Do I need to make some changes here?

Lastly we are putting in a new production server, and no matter what
I do i get the following error code:

[out :: server] bash: line 2: svn: command not found

And all the searches on google and on this list turn up very little
about how to trouble shoot this. Again before the cap upgrade
everything was just fine. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Andrew
Ray B. (Guest)
Andrew F. wrote:

> Lastly we are putting in a new production server, and no matter what I
> do i get the following error code:
>
> [out :: server] bash: line 2: svn: command not found

Either svn is not installed on the new server, or svn is not in the path
of the remote user.

--

Ray
Andrew F. (Guest)

Andrew
Jamis B. (Guest)
Andrew,

Can you send me your deploy.rb? I'm curious why you're seeing that
behavior with the -S switch...

- Jamis