Forum: Ruby on Rails Apache 1.3 + remote FastCGI balancing

Jonathan W. (Guest)
Cheers,

As I have a lot of stability problems with Lighttpd + FastCGI-Cluster I
wanted to test Apache 1.3 as most of the "big" sites like 43people or
BaseCamp run on it.

Every example I find only talks about lokal FastCGI processes and not
about remote ones and explains how the requests are balanced.

Are there any good examples out there and can Apache1.3/mod_fastcgi load
balance requests?

Thanks,
Jonathan
Jonathan W. (Guest)
Nobody on Apache and multiple FastCGI processes?
Adam D. (Guest)
i cant seem to get a simple answer either as to how you deploy a real 3
tier
infrastructure with rails.  It seems fairly limited right now since
fast_cgi
needs to run with apache.  What rails needs is what mod_jk is for
tomcat.
Jonathan W. (Guest)
Adam D. wrote:
> i cant seem to get a simple answer either as to how you deploy a real 3
> tier infrastructure with rails.  It seems fairly limited right now since
> fast_cgi needs to run with apache.  What rails needs is what mod_jk is
> for tomcat.

This is not true, with Lighttpd and its mod_fastcgi you can get a real
three tier infrastructure. Lighttpd serves as the web server, fastcgi as
the appserver (on local or remote machines) and you have the DB machine.

See also
http://poocs.net/articles/2006/03/13/the-adventure...

I'm asking for more info on the same thing with Apache and remote
fastcgi processes.

Jonathan