Forum: Ruby on Rails where to put utility code.

Jon Shen (Guest)
Hi All,

I am new to "ruby on rails".

I have some common utility classes.

I am not sure where to put this kind of code.   components\  or lib\  ?

Any comment is appreciated!

-Jon
Alain R. (Guest)
Jon

    > I have some common utility classes.
    > I am not sure where to put this kind of code.

Advice:
   1/ place them in /lib,
   2/ make them reloadable

         ex:   lib/my_stuff.rb
             class MyStuff
                  include Reloadable

     => you won't have to restart the server each time you modify them,
in developement mode

Alain
Larry W. (Guest)

I tried the reloadable option as described below and got an
uninitialized
constant error.  Is this a 1.1 feature?  If not, what else needs to
happen
to make this magic work in 1.0?

thanks.