From: Robert D. [email protected]
To: [email protected]
Sent: Tuesday, April 11, 2006 8:07:34 PM
Subject: [Rails] Tracking page hits

Hello all,

I am developing an online store and would like to keep track of how many
times each product was viewed. While I can keep track of page hits using
something like webalizer, this won’t really work (I don’t think) as the
pages are not going to be static. Has anyone else implemented this and
if so could you please point me in the right direction. A potential
solution that I have come up with is to keep a running tally in a table
in the db. I appreciate any input that you all can give.

Sincerely,

Robert D.

Scott,

Yes they will look as you have shown. I will put webalizer on there and
see what I get. Thanks for the help.

  • Rob D.

Scott W. wrote:

Do your urls look static? For example http://localhost/product/123. If
so any stats package will have no problem. You can look into third
party services like Mint or Google Analytics.

What’s an Intel chip doing in a Mac? A whole lor more that it’s ever
done in a PC.

My Digital Life - http://scottwalter.com/blog
Pro:Blog - http://scottwalter.com/problog