Forum: Typo Submissiontime not working for comments

Peter Karlberg (Guest)
I have a problem. In my blogg which uses Typo 2.6 comments get the
wrong timestamp i.e. the first one could be right but the next can
get the same as the first. This makes the display of comments a
little bit strange becouse the order then becomes random. Is there a
patch for this problem?

Peter
unknown (Guest)
On Tue, Apr 11, 2006 at 07:53:45PM +0200, Peter Karlberg wrote:
> I have a problem. In my blogg which uses Typo 2.6 comments get the
> wrong timestamp i.e. the first one could be right but the next can
> get the same as the first. This makes the display of comments a
> little bit strange becouse the order then becomes random. Is there a
> patch for this problem?

Are you using PostgreSQL and Rails 1.0?  If so, there's a known bug,
where it caches the default time for new records.  I made a small patch
which appears to be working ok for me so far:

  http://happygiraffe.net/blog/archives/2006/02/17/t...

Apparently it's fixed in Rails 1.1, but I haven't upgraded to check
yet...

-Dom