Forum: Ruby on Rails I have a Capistrano 1.1 patch - where does it go?

Wes G. (Guest)
on 2006-04-11 01:09
I have a patch for Capistrano 1.1 - how do I submit it?

Wes
Jamis B. (Guest)
Wes,

Go to the Rails trac (http://dev.rubyonrails.org) and submit a new
ticket with the patch attached.

Thanks!

- Jamis
Wes G. (Guest)
on 2006-04-11 09:14
Jamis,

<DUMB QUESTION?>

Capistrano isn't part of the core Rails distribution, is it?  So why
would I try and patch Rails itself?  Is there another SVN repository for
the Capistrano gem?

</DUMB QUESTION?>

Wes

Jamis B. wrote:
> Wes,
>
> Go to the Rails trac (http://dev.rubyonrails.org) and submit a new
> ticket with the patch attached.
>
> Thanks!
>
> - Jamis
Jamis B. (Guest)
Wes,

Capistrano isn't part of the core Rails distribution, but it is
stored in the Rails svn repository. If you look at the structure of
the Rails svn repo, it goes something like this:

   branches
     -> stable
   plugins
     -> account_location
     -> acts_as_taggable
     -> browser_filters
     -> ...
   spinoffs
     -> prototype
     -> scriptaculous
   tools
     -> capistrano
     -> cia
   trunk
     -> actionmailer
     -> actionpack

So, as you can see, the Rails SVN repo has a lot more than "just"
Rails in it. Please do submit any tickets for Capistrano to the same
trac as Rails (http://dev.rubyonrails.org/newticket), specifying
"Capistrano" as the component.

Hope that helps,

Jamis
Wes G. (Guest)
on 2006-04-11 09:57
Got it - thanks.

If for some reason I can't get the patch done in a timely manner, is
there still a way that I can report it?

Wes

Jamis B. wrote:
> Wes,
>
> Capistrano isn't part of the core Rails distribution, but it is
> stored in the Rails svn repository. If you look at the structure of
> the Rails svn repo, it goes something like this:
>
>    branches
>      -> stable
>    plugins
>      -> account_location
>      -> acts_as_taggable
>      -> browser_filters
>      -> ...
>    spinoffs
>      -> prototype
>      -> scriptaculous
>    tools
>      -> capistrano
>      -> cia
>    trunk
>      -> actionmailer
>      -> actionpack
>
> So, as you can see, the Rails SVN repo has a lot more than "just"
> Rails in it. Please do submit any tickets for Capistrano to the same
> trac as Rails (http://dev.rubyonrails.org/newticket), specifying
> "Capistrano" as the component.
>
> Hope that helps,
>
> Jamis
Jamis B. (Guest)
On Apr 10, 2006, at 11:57 PM, Wes G. wrote:

> Got it - thanks.
>
> If for some reason I can't get the patch done in a timely manner, is
> there still a way that I can report it?

Wes, yes. Feel free to report Capistrano bugs or submit feature
requests via the same interface.

- Jamis