Forum: Ruby on Rails using web service for authenitcation

hemant kumar (Guest)
I am writting a web service for authenitcation of users and was using
web_service_scaffold :invoke for testing it out...and was able to
consume it
using .NET. But my question is, whats the simplest method using which i
can
use the same web service in the current Web App. I mean, not from an
external
application or something but from the current web apps itself.

I found one method in AWDR, and was:

class MyController < ApplicationController
  web_client_api :product,
                 :soap,
                 "http://my.app.com/backend/api"
  def list
    @products = product.find_all_products.map do |id|
      product.find_product_by_id(id)

but this is again like invoking the service from outside..
Kent S. (Guest)
Why not to move all your web service methods to derivative of
ActionWebService::Base and just instantiate an object of this class.

On 4/10/06, hemant kumar <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
>                  :soap,
> Rails mailing list
> removed_email_address@domain.invalid