Forum: Ruby on Rails Fix log files

Seth B. (Guest)
on 2006-04-10 17:50
What is the code I include in one of my files so that my log files are
easier to read?  I am using Windows.

Thanks.
Seth
Ben R. (Guest)
Hi Seth ~

I personally never "read" raw log files.  I will sometimes use tail -f
./log/development.log to see which SQL calls I am making during
development.  You can do this with CYGWIN on windows.  I usually parse
my
logs with AWStats to "read" them.

If you are just trying to debug your code, I would recommend using <%=
debug
OBJECT %> in your view.

~ Ben
Nicolas C. (Guest)
Le Lundi 10 Avril 2006 15:50, Seth B. a écrit :
> What is the code I include in one of my files so that my log files are
> easier to read?  I am using Windows.

In your config/environment.rb, you can use:
ActiveRecord::Base.colorize_logging = false

This way you'll have clear logs without color formatting.

Bye.