Forum: Ruby on Rails Tracking 1.1.x release using svn:externals?

Tom T. (Guest)
Now that Rails is doing regular updates to 1.1.x branch, is it possible
to track the this release using svn:externals inside my app?

Currently I have:

rails http://dev.rubyonrails.org/svn/rails/tags/rel_1-1-1/

in my vendor directory. Can I change this to something like a wildcard
'rel_1-1-x', ensuring that I always have the latest of the stable 1.1
branch?

Cheers!

Tom
Pazu (Guest)
Tom T. <tom@...> writes:

> Can I change this to something like a wildcard 'rel_1-1-x', ensuring that I
> always have the latest of the stable 1.1 branch?

No, wildcards won't work. If anyone from the dev team is listening, it
would be
nice to have a 'symbolic' tag that always point to the latest released
version.
In the meanwhile, you might try the 'stable' branch:

http://dev.rubyonrails.org/svn/rails/branches/stable

-- Pazu