Forum: Ruby on Rails RE: RJS Templates?

Tom (Guest)
Aha!  Found it!  On my Windows machine, under WEBRick, the Content-type
header is 'text/javascript; charset=UTF-8'.  The prototype code is
looking for exactly 'text/javascript', and fails to detect the returned
javascript.

I don't know who sets the charset part, whether it's Rails or WEBrick,
sstephenson (Guest)
Tom,

On 11/18/05, Tom F. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Aha!  Found it!  On my Windows machine, under WEBRick, the Content-type
> header is 'text/javascript; charset=UTF-8'.  The prototype code is
> looking for exactly 'text/javascript', and fails to detect the returned
> javascript.
>
> I don't know who sets the charset part, whether it's Rails or WEBrick,

Good catch. I've pushed Prototype 1.4.0_rc4 in [3091] which should
match the content-type header more liberally.

Sam