Forum: Ruby on Rails The search on this forum should improve to improve the forum

Chris (Guest)
on 2006-04-10 00:52
The search on this forum should improve to improve the forum
Wiebe C. (Guest)
On Sunday 09 April 2006 22:52, Chris wrote:

> The search on this forum should improve to improve the forum

Use the gmane archives to search:

http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.ruby.rails
Tom T. (Guest)
Chris wrote:
> The search on this forum should improve to improve the forum

Very poignant.
Joseph K. (Guest)
Get a gmail account and have your rails list subscription sent there.
After
a couple of months you'll have the best search engine around
indexing/searching the list for you.

Joe
David Andrew T. (Guest)
Chris,

I have posted a number of times on this issue.  Sometimes the forum
bridge is great, other times it's completely unavailable.

This plugin works great for the Nabble bridge to the list which I have
found to be consistenly available:

http://blog.ericgoodwin.com/articles/2006/03/25/fi...

Hope this helps,

Dave

On 4/9/06, Joseph K. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> Rails mailing list
> removed_email_address@domain.invalid

nice tip-off, cheers for that
Will L (Guest)
Chris-45 wrote:

> The search on this forum should improve to improve the forum

The Nabble search/archive is mentioned in this thread but the URL is not
correct. The direct URL is:
http://www.nabble.com/Ruby-on-Rails-f13830.html

Nabble differs from Gmane in that it combines all three RubyOnRails
lists
into one searchable archive, so that you only need to search from one
place
instead of three.

Regards,

Will L
Nabble.com
messages is the best search.  Evolution does a great job with a super
fast search.