Forum: Typo Application error (Rails) on site navigation

Jack Schwarz (Guest)
Hi all,

Just updated to [1004] and am getting an "Application error (Rails)"
when navigating my page. Navigation of the admin interface works just
fine. After a little more investigation it seems that some themes give
errors while others do not. Azure, of course, works fine.

Thanks,

Jack
Piers C. (Guest)
"Jack Schwarz" <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> Just updated to [1004] and am getting an "Application error (Rails)"
> when navigating my page. Navigation of the admin interface works just
> fine. After a little more investigation it seems that some themes give
> errors while others do not. Azure, of course, works fine.

Ah... I was intending to retain backwards compatibility with themes
that worked with the old (new) API. D'you have a log trace?

Also, if the theme in question is downloadable somewhere I'll be happy
to test against it.
Urban H. (Guest)
On Sun, 2006-04-09 at 20:13 +0100, Piers C. wrote:

> Also, if the theme in question is downloadable somewhere I'll be happy
> to test against it.

I used Choco Mod: http://typogarden.com/articles/2005/12/01/choco-mod-
theme , switching back to Azure worked so it has to be the theme.

Urban
Jack Schwarz (Guest)
Piers was nice enough to help me out with this one. I will post the
solution below incase anyone else is having trouble.

Some themes (Scribbish in particular) were giving me Rails errors when
rendering pages. This was the the fix:

Change the line in /layouts/default.rhtml that reads

<%= render_component(:controller => 'sidebars/sidebar', :action =>
'display_plugins') %>

to read

<%= render_sidebars %>

Later,

Jack
phil (Guest)
On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 12:36:40 -0500, "Jack Schwarz"

> to read
>
> <%= render_sidebars %>

Nice, now is there an easy way to fix searching in Scribbish?

> Typo-list mailing list
> removed_email_address@domain.invalid
http://fak3r.com - you dont have to kick it
Piers C. (Guest)

>> 'display_plugins') %>
>>
>> to read
>>
>> <%= render_sidebars %>
>

> Nice, now is there an easy way to fix searching in Scribbish?

Errr. I haven't touched the search...
Jack Schwarz (Guest)
Good question. I assume, again, that this is up to the theme
developer. It is difficult, though, to bug theme developers every time
(there are many) a theme breaks. At least the search works (even if it
is not a live search).

Later,

Jack